Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Next Two Weeks.....

As of right now, Nate has a pretty clear idea on how the navigation algorithm is going to work. Its essentially image processing algorithm coupled with navigation algorithms based on position, time and velocity, where the two algorithms play off each other depending which data is readily available. The buggy will rely on clues from its previous position and velocity, and make a guess as to where it is with a given confidence interval. If there is a white line available in the road, the confidence will increase. The buggy will compare its projected position on the road with a "map" of buggy course already in its brain. We predict that map will be represented as a string of GPS coordinates that trace a line through the track.

I have been working on the hardware and getting it all to interface with each other. There are circuit boards to print, and components to solder, so I definitely have all my work cut out for me. Right now I'm working on setting up the emergency brake to stop the buggy with an RC transmitter and integrating an I/O board to interact with a computer.

Nate and I will be in Pittsburgh working on Robobuggy until Christmas day. If you're in Pittsburgh - Stop by! We're at the corner house on Forbes and Morewood, the AEPi house.

-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment